The Hoover SP2102 was released as part of the spirit range, featuring a lengthy 7m cord length and excellent performance from it’s substantial 2100w motor.
Hoover Spirit SP2102 Review
Exceptional suction power, together with an impressively light body. Emptying the dust canister is exceptionally easy.As with all upright vacuum cleaners, it can be a touch cumbersome to use on the stairs – a minor complaint about what is otherwise a well designed vacuum.
Our Hoover Spirit SP2102 Vacuum Review
Hoover are one of the oldest brand names in household appliance, being primarily known for their range of vacuum cleaners. Older models are renowned for being exceptionally sturdy and lasting for decades – here we take a look at their modern upright offering in the Spirit SP2102 vacuum cleaner. As per many of the traditional Hoover vacuum cleaners, the SP2102 is an upright model, which features several impressive specifications. Firstly the mains power cord is an exceptionally generous 7m in length, meaning that it will be perfect for the 99% of the population that don’t reside in mansions, as it won’t need unplugging very often. In addition, the 3 litre dust container provides an easy to operate quick release system, thus making emptying the SP2102 a piece of cake. Arguably the most impressive feature is the strength of the suction, which caught our test team’s attention. The motor fitted is 2100w worth of power, which equates to 300w air watts – in short this will leave your flooring spotless. It copes equally well with hard flooring to deep fluffy carpets, and the assortment of tools included give a further degree of versatility to this upright vacuum cleaner. A minor criticism would be that vacuuming stairs is a touch more difficult than with a cylinder vacuum cleaner equivalent; however this is true of all upright vacuums we’ve ever tested, and not just specific to this model. Overall our test team were surprised – some initially thought this model would only be popular based on the strength of the Hoover brand name, but after using the Spirit SP2102 all of us had been converted. It works very effectively, is reasonably priced, and put simply excels at removing dirt and dust from your floors.
Our Verdict for the Hoover Spirit SP2102 Vacuum Cleaner
Hoover are probably the oldest name in vacuum cleaners, with the brand synonymous with this form of household appliance. With the new Spirit SP2102, Hoover have paired their wealth of knowledge together with modern technology to create a superb upright vacuum cleaner, which offers excellent value for money. It works exceptionally effectively, costs relatively little, and is strongly recommended by us!
Or would you prefer to look at more vacuum cleaners?
- Pet Hair Removal – a strong turbo brush helps to eliminate pet hair
- Hepa Allergy Control – washable filters fitted as standard
- Lightweight design for easy transport and usage
- The hoover vacuum cleaner’s On Board Tools for dealing with those awkward to reach areas
- The Spirit SP2102 is suitable for all flooring types from hardwood to deep carpets
- The SP2102 features edge-to-edge cleaning facility, meaning you can clean right up to wall without missing a spot
- The dust bin is quick release for easy emptying
- Features a carpet height selector, so you can adjust based on the flooring type and depth
- Weighs precisely 6.2kg and is 110cm high
- Features a large working radius of 9.6m
- The lengthy cord measures 7m – providing you with a huge cleaning area
- Features 300w air watts from it’s 2100w motor
- Bagless system which is more environmentally friendly
Model: Spirit SP2102
Capacity: 3 litres
Power Source: Mains
Cord Type: corded
Cord Length: 7m
Power Settings: 5
Dimensions: 31cm by 39cm by 110cm
Extras: handy extension tube, a crevice tool and a sturdy dusting brush
Our Rating: 4.5/5